Thursday, May 29, 2014

Silk Almondmilk Protein + Fiber


So as a first time mommy I gave up regular milk, I know crazy but since I was (still am) breast feeding I had to change my diet. Something was giving the baby bad gas and I changed it up to Lactaid. It took some getting used to drinking Lactaid but now 10 months later I'm ok with it LOL 

So now comes the new Silk Almondmilk Protein plus Fiber:

  • Packs 5g of protein, 5g of fiber and 100 calories or less per serving
  • Provides 50% more calcium than dairy milk*
  • May help keep you feeling full (increasing protein and fiber in your diet can help promote satiety!)
  • Enjoy Silk® Protein+Fiber Almondmilk anywhere you’d use your favorite milk — over cereal, in smoothies or straight up in a glass

Who can pass that up right! Now thanks to BzzAgent I got a free coupon to test out the new Silk Almondmilk, I was excited to try it out. First I have never even had almond milk and second I was excited about the vanilla flavor. I went to my local grocery store (Kroger's I love me some Kroger's) got my vanilla flavor milk and home I went to give it a try! 

The next morning I used it for the first time with my oatmeal. I eat oatmeal every morning as most BF moms know it helps your milk supply. So I add some Silk milk and I was thrown back by the color! LMAO I have never seen milk in a brownish color, I gave it a sip and it was good. Almond/vanilla flavor not bad at all, could I drink an entire glass probably not. But hey that's what this is all about giving products a try right?

The milk made my oatmeal so thick and creamy, I did not even have to add sugar or anything. It had just the right amount of sweetness to it. And let me be honest I can't STAND oatmeal, I only eat it for my baby girl. But now with this, I no longer look down at my bowl of oatmeal with sad eyes LOL

I also gave it a shot in a banana shake, it took a few more extra bananas than what I'm used too to get the shake just right. A little dark of course because of the almond milk, but just the right amount of sweetness and the added vanilla flavor was a plus in my book. Pintrest has some pretty good recipes too in different ways to use the Silk milk. I plan to make oatmeal cookies this weekend using the milk and I can't wait!

In the end this milk is a keeper in our family. Anything that makes oatmeal more enjoyable to me is a keeper!

Thanks BzzAgent so happy that I #GotItFree

No comments:

Post a Comment