Monday, June 23, 2014

Kroger Taste of Mexico

Finally time to post everything I did during the Kroger's Taste of Mexico event that went on for 3 weeks! This was my awesome BzzKit sent to me from BzzAgent. You can see I got some coupons to try the pre-cooked meats and the marinated fajita, a bottle of Coronado Leche Quemada (Cajeta) and a lemon squeezer that I absolutely LOVE!


The first chance I got I went to Kroger's on a Saturday to see what all the fun was about. We got to taste some good food and enjoy some music. These are two recipe cards I got the day I went, one was for breaded steak sandwich better known as Torta de Milanesa and the other was a jumex fruit smoothie. I LOVED the torta, the milanesa was done using a sweet chipotle bread crumbs from Kroger's private selection brand. I went home and made them the following day! The juice was ok, I'm just not a fan of greek yogurt.  The displays in the store were a little boring. I was expecting more since their website hyped it up so much.


That Saturday I came home with TWO boxes of meat one was the Beef Barbacoa and the other was the Pork Carnitas (the Chicken Tinga not shown is good, I gave it a try a few weeks later) I was very happy with the taste of all 3, my only complaint is they come with way too much juice. But all you really have to do is drain it before you place it in a bowl. The meat comes out so juicy and flavorful. 


I decided to heat these bad boys up in a pot of boiling water, you can place them in the microwave too. But since I had some prep work to do I took this route instead. 


While the barbacoa and carnitas was heating up we made some guacamole and salsa. We had to test out the new citrus squeezer sent, by the way it works GREAT! We heated up some flour and corn tortillas and some fajita (bell pepper and onion mix)




The following week we gave the fajitas a try. We got both the chicken and the beef fajitas, both so good!!! Look at that picture of the finished product OMG it makes me hungry all over again!!! Both meats come marinated and they both have a nice lemon flavor to them. So simple to just open up and place on the grill.



This weekend I made a to die for Choco-Flan (that's chocolate cake on the bottom and flan on top) I used the cajeta provided to me in my BzzKit as the topping. You can see I pored it all over the mold first, once the cake was done I topped it off with pecans. If you have never had a Choco-Flan I suggest you get one ASAP or better yet make your own! It's super easy and so fast to make one, I'm ready to make another one as I sit and eat a slice while typing this LOL



In the end the Taste of Mexico experience was so much fun! I love the food, it tasted good. Being Hispanic I was a little worried on how the food was going to taste. But I am impressed, the Carnitas has to be one of my favorites right now. If I'm ever in a hurry to make dinner that will be my back up plan. I enjoyed all the things Kroger's had to offer these past 3 weeks. And I had fun making one of my favorite dessert a Choco-Flan.

Thank you Kroger's and BzzAgent for letting me participate on this amazing adventure! Now go to Kroger's and try this stuff out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment